Sept 11 – Oct 7, 2011 will mark the ten year anniversary of our nation continuously at war.
10 Years + Counting invites artists and others to take this historic moment as inspiration and use
the power of creativity to illustrate the costs of war and imagine a more peaceful world.
Paint it, dance it, sculpt it, write it, sing it! Imagine peace and create connections. Concerts, public art projects, garden parties, bake-offs, gallery exhibitions, street art, flash mobs, walks and runs: the possibilities are endless.
Turn the weeks of this anniversary of devastation into an unstoppable, irrepressible explosion of imagining the possible, a new beginning.
Add your creation, gathering or event to the
10 YEARS + COUNTING calendar by clicking
on the link below.
ATTENTION ALL 100TPC PARTICIPANTS, HERE’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT 10 YEARS + COUNTING AND PEACE AROUND THE WORLD WITH ART!!
CREATE. Start Now!
Welcome to the 10YAC Cultural Commons:
a people’s gallery of art, music and more.
10 Years + Counting invites you to mark the anniversary of a decade at war by contributing your creative voice and vision to the 10YAC Cultural Commons.
Speak out through songs, poems, paintings, and dance: illustrate the true cost of war and share your vision of a peaceful world.
Together we can turn this anniversary of devastation into an unstoppable, irrepressible explosion of imagining the possible –
A NEW BEGINNING.
We will be selecting the five most creative and inspirational Cultural Commons submissions for special recognition. The 10YAC Quintessential Quintet will be featured in an October issue of ALTERNET – a progressive e-zine sent to 140,000 subscribers.
Here’s how to share your work through the 10 Years + Counting Cultural Commons:
1) The contest is open to all creative forms and mediums: poetry, dance, visual art, etc.
2) The 10YAC Cultural Commons is Vimeo-based, so entries must be submitted on video.
3) The deadline for submitting entries is Friday, Oct. 21st at 11:59 P.M.
4) All entries must be at least 30 seconds in length and no longer than 5 minutes in length.
5) Include your name or group name, title of the work, and email address in the description.
6) Submissions will be reviewed and the winner announced the week of October 24th.
*How to submit a video to the 10YAC Vimeo group.
1) You must be a Vimeo member. A basic account is free. You can sign up here: http://vimeo.com/sign_up
2) Then join our Vimeo Group page, and submit a video